Since a major part of our infrastructure is aging, the refurbishment and safety upgrading of the existing building stock becomes more and more the center of attention. Some imminent questions are usually brought-up:
- How can one rehabilitate a tunnel and keep up the availability of the infrastructure?
- What about risk levels during rehabilitation? Are they possibly increasing?
- Is safety during rehabilitation only a matter of working space safety or are there lingering problems that were not part of past risk assessments of the tunnel?
- Are our safety systems safe enough to deal with incidents during rehabilitation works?
- Is there any measure for a temporary upgrade of tunnel system’s safety?
These and others questions will be tackled during the ITA-COSUF workshop which is especially devoted to the safe operation of underground facilities in times of rehabilitation and refurbishment. The speakers from all over Europe will show case studies, new technologies and new approaches. Risk levels will be discussed and common problems and their possible solutions will be presented.
This ITA COSUF workshop is open to all participants of the ITA-AITES World Tunnel Congress 2015.
Registration to the congress should be made through the congress website: www.wtc15.com
One-day registration is available for those who wish to attend the ITA COSUF workshop only; it gives access to all congress events which take place on 26 May 2015. After 15 March 2015 the registration fees for the full conference will increase. A second increase will follow on 15 May 2015.