The ITA COSUF award is granted annually to a student, young professional or researcher (less than 35 years old at the deadline of the application) who has recently completed an outstanding research work in theory and / or practice in the area of operational safety or security of underground facilities. If the research work belongs to a group of young researchers, the group can apply under the condition that all applicants are less than 35 years old.
The award is ceremoniously presented and handed over by ITA COSUF chairman at an ITA COSUF event. The chairman outlines the reasons for the decision and congratulates the winner. The award consists of a certificate and 1000 € in cash. ITA COSUF also grants the travel and accommodation to attend the award ceremony. The award winner is invited to present his/her work at the same event. Additionally, he/she is asked to draft a 2‑page contribution for the ITA COSUF Newsletter and website. If the award winner is a team, only one team member (the team leader) is granted for travel and accommodation by ITA COSUF.
The winner of the award is selected by the ITA COSUF steering board. Eligible for the award are those works that are specifically aimed at safety or security of underground facilities in operation, preferably reflecting an interdisciplinary approach. Among other criteria, the selected works should:
- describe new aspects in the area of safety in operation and/or security in underground facilities,
- have been completed for no more than two years before the time of the application,
- be of outstanding quality, including clear and concise descriptions of the objectives, scientific basis, work steps, results achieved and their relation to the current state of the art,
- be significant and represent a unique contribution.Candidates need not be ITA COSUF members. Applications for the award must be sent to the ITA secretariat. They shall include:
- curriculum vitae (in English),
- description of work done in the field of safety in operation and/or security of underground facilities (in English),
- documents and publications produced by the applicant,
- any other document, certificate, etc. deemed useful to support the application.
ITA COSUF AWARD 2018
The deadline for application is 30 June 2018 (receipt of the application file by the ITA secretariat). The selection of the winner will be made by the ITA COSUF Steering Board by 15 September 2018. The award will be handed over during the ITA COSUF workshop which will take place during an ITA COSUF General Assembly in 2nd of October 2018, before the PIARC International Conference on Road Tunnel Operations and Safety Workshop, 3 -5 October 2018 in Lyon. The nominee will give a short presentation of his/her work during the General Assembly.
For registration download the pdf below. !